Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lunchtime



Being back in Singapore has made me lazy. Back in Perth, I was always thinking about what to cook for my meals - it was always something that I looked forward to and probably the most creative part of my day (and that's saying alot about what I do for a living). But here in Singapore, my mum's maid is a fantastic cook - so every meal is taken care of. And if not - the affordability and variety of food available within walking distance makes it so convenient just to not worry about cooking at home.

In need of creative inspiration today, I decided to whip up my own lunch - and since I decided on this very late in the morning, I had to make do with what was in the fridge at that time.


And so, a simple meal was born - Spicy mapo tofu with diced chicken on steamed rice, topped with an easy over fried egg. Took all but 15 minutes to prepare which was probably less time then I would have spent going out and deciding on a takeaway meal.

This was definitely as simple a meal to prepare as you can get - but sometimes fuss free meals made on the fly are surprisingly satisfying... More importantly, I remembered again what it feels like to not only look forward to the next meal, but also in creating it.


1 comments:

teenuts September 30, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

this dish looks delicious ~ I look forward to your cooking this for us one day!!!!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP