Thursday, November 20, 2008

Going to Japan: Plane & Simple

Just arrived in Osaka today from a red eye flight from Singapore, ready to embark on a 10 day journey through the Southern part of Japan.

I'm not afraid to admit it - planning for this trip consisted mostly of researching for must eats in this gastronomic wonderland... and I have already tasted a few winners in my first few hours here. But the earliest wake up call for my taste buds started surprisingly of all places... cruising at 30,000 feet with breakfast on the plane.

Don't get me wrong - I hate airplane meals with a passion and often leave their stomach churning creations untouched. More often than not, I order the meal for the same reason many buy a lottery ticket - simply for the "what if?".

But I was blown away by the excellent breakfast on my flight into Osaka this morning. In the spirit of the land of the rising Sun, a beautiful bento box was served with nine courses immaculately presented. Each was unique in colour, flavour and texture... heck, even the accompanying miso soup was made with fresh clams!

Put plane and simply, the Japanese just do it better...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP